Please contact Serpil Guran, Ph.D., Site Director 609-499-3600 [email protected]
Each workshop includes seminars, hands-on laboratory activities, field visits, and collaborative work time. Participants will interact with other teachers, researchers, and industry professionals and will leave with the ability to teach basic Bioenergy and Bioproducts concepts. Furthermore, participants will understand how to conduct and present the hands-on activities in their own classroom.
Participants are encouraged to work with other teachers in their schools/districts to develop collaborative projects aimed at introducing students to the topics of Bioenergy and Bioproducts.
- Participants in the One-week workshop receive the following support:
- $300 stipend
- Lodging allowance in some cases
- Transportation to/from tour sites
- Approximately $400 in Program materials, including a Bioenergy & Bioproducts Primer and kits to bring back to your classroom.
- Suite of laboratory activities, including lab workbook and materials
- School year follow-up support from our team
Educators in the One-week Workshops will leave with the ability to teach basic bioenergy and bioproducts concepts to students and other teachers in their school using hands-on activities provided by the program.
The program provides school year follow-up support to participants for use of the kits and activities. See "Locations and Dates" for the list of programs scheduled for the summer of 2014.
These workshops bring teachers together every summer to learn about recent research in biology and to promote interactions between teachers and Cornell scientists. Each workshop includes presentations from scientists and engineers and industry experts, hands-on lab and field activities, and opportunities for teachers to interact with other teachers and researchers.